re·new [ri-noo, -nyoo]
verb (used with object)
1. to begin or take up again, as an acquaintance, aconversation, etc.; resume.
2. to make effective for an additional period: to renew a lease.
3. to restore or replenish: to renew a stock of goods.
4. to make, say, or do again.
5. to revive; reestablish.
A Monday, to me, means to renew. We wait all week for the beloved weekend. So often spending that whole two happy days playing catch up, taking care of household things or chasing pixies that we find ourselves exhausted.
Monday hops along and we sit here less than happy that the weekend is over and back to waiting for that beloved weekend.
Mondays end up being that day that I reset my goals, re-write my to do list and perform several re-starts.
So often I find myself sitting on the big GREEN couch on a Sunday night with this feeling of the wind being taken out of my sails. Wishing there was just one more day to take that nap with the windows open, watch just one more romantic comedy or make the time to run to the big city over the hill. But, but when I allow myself to take a breathe and make Monday about renewal, my whole thought process changes.
Today I lets switch things up. Use Monday as day to regroup. Shake those cobwebs out and move.
- take a walk
- refresh a space that needs a little decluttering
- sit down and write a friend a "real" note, or maybe two
- look in the mirror and smile.
- make a list of five things that make you happy
- use pinterest to find some simple meals. my eats. board is a lifesaver.
- chuck anything that doesn't serve you. no really - you are allowed.
- last, choose. it is your choice.
Here's to a happy week full of good stuff. and plenty of "renew"